Game Review on Fallout 3
The games developer is Todd Howard, he is the video game producer and designer and also an executive game director for Bethesda Softworks.
He also produced and directed the game The Elder scrolls series.
Information about the game:
The game is set in the future of the year 2277. It is the sequel of Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 which were available on PC.
The game starts you off as a baby and allows you to edit your sex (Gender) Name, Face, Hair and also any other features.
Once you have finished editing you character, your mother unfortunately goes into cardiac arrest and you are rushed out of the room by a doctor.

Later when you 19 your father tells you that your mother would be proud of the you.
You then go a year forward and you are 1 years old, your father asks you to walk to him and then leaves the room.
You then jump out of the play pen area and read a book to edit your learning skills.
Once done you age more and more, the next time you see yourself as a 10 year old boy, you then get handed the Pip-boy 3000. (Shown to the side)
Later at the age of 19 your father leaves the vault and you must go and find him to find out why he left the vault.
Once you have the left vault the choice is yours to do what you like.
You could go to towns and buy new clothing and armour.
You could even kill all civilians in a town or city and start a war.
Or you could even hire a companion and find a lost dog and pled your way across the wasteland with some company and protection.
The image on the right hand corner shows how you can use VATS (Vault-Tec Assisted Targeting System)
this helps you to aim and shoot enemies, this freezes time allows you to shoot an enemy wherever you like.
My thoughts and what I like
You can roam around the wasteland for however long you like, due to short daytime the dark can be dangerous, most creatures and patrols of enemies come out mostly at night time.
A few weapons to keep handy are listed below.
Melee weapons:
Jingwei’s Shocksword (Available after the Downloadable content “Operation Anchorage”)
Energy Weapons:
Laser rifle/Wazer rifle
(Wazer Rifle given to you by a young boy who cannot say any words pronouncing the letter L) Example Here is my Wazer Rifle.
Destablizer (Alien Rifle, you can obtain this weapon on the Downloadable content “Mothership Zeta”)
Big guns
Gatling Laser
Missile Launcher
Mini Gun
Grenades
Frag Grenades
These weapons are most handy and easy to use and my favourite to use.
Armour and Clothing
Armoured Vault 101 suit
Power Armour
Outcast Power Armour
T-51b Power Armour
Winterized T-51b Power Armour
Sunglasses
Also I do however enjoy wearing the armour without headwear as I don’t then get confused of who I am following and who is behind me.
Locations (Most scariest)
12- Deathclaw Sanctuary- Filled with hundreds of deathclaws in dungeons.
Mainly a lot of numbers- Metro stations, filled with either Ghouls or Raiders and sometimes Supermutants.
8C- Dunwich Building- Filled with a lot of Ghouls.
46- Yaoi Guai Tunnels- Filled with Yaio Guai hostiles.
3B- Vault 108- Filled with Gary clones, they jump out on you in certain places and whisper “Gary” to freak you out.
If you could avoid these places then you should be fine!
What I like about the game:
I like the fact how it’s your own story, you can do whatever you want when you want.
You could play as a character that has evil karma and could go around killing civilians and destroying towns, or you could be a neutral person who does some good and bad, or lastly you could be a good person and do tasks which earn you good karma and also a bonus of money.
If I could improve the game then I would add the fact off taking more than one companion with you.
Also some more locations could be added to the map, I know that extra places get added onto your world map when you get the DLC for the game, but for people who want to stay on the game and travel more then this would be a good thing to look at.
And lastly it could be a two player game, perhaps online and you could travel the wasteland with up to four people and have four dogs, and it would be good if you could have more weapons available.
The Control of the game is excellent, the way you can customise your character and move around easily is very good and simple to use, it allows you to open doors by pressing the A button on the Xbox-360 and the E on the keyboard for PC.
What I don’t like about the game:
The one thing I don’t like about the game is that you have to sometimes go underground and inside the metro tunnels to get to certain locations.
I think this is quite annoying and I think it would be better if you could drive a vehicle or maybe even fly a Vertibird that you could take from the Enclave.
My overall opinion of the game:
I think this game is great, I brought it a few days after Christmas in 2008 and badly wanted to play it as my friends said it was great and I had read reviews about it.
I had watched lots of YouTube videos to see what the game play and action is like.
My Rating:
I would rate this game 9 out 10, the reason I choose 9 is because of travelling around the map and also the limit of only hiring one companion and having a canine companion. Also with three add-ons that I have played so far I would recommend them if anyone has completed the game and want more action and quests and more storylines available.
Links to some Fallout 3 Videos
Game play
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-qbOegkSck
Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPt08UYmyMo
Thursday, 11 February 2010
Thursday 11th Feb 2010 Game review
Posted by Luke Burge at 06:27
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment