Owl City is a solo artist, having only one member though he plays guitar and also sings. He has had eight albums out and is playing his next gig on 22nd Feb 2010.
I think Owl City are quite good, I only like one of their songs though which is Vanilla twilight.
They have been playing for over three years now and performed and made many albums.
About the song:
The song is about him not feeling alone when he thinks of someone.
I think the song is quite good and has a calm genre. I would class it as “easy listening”.
Towards the end of the song it gets a little louder and lets out a lot of emotion.
Lots of people seem to like this song as it is rated 5 stars on YouTube and has many comments.
What I like about the song:
It’s gentle, relaxing, and emotional and could be a nice song to share with a girlfriend/boyfriend.
What the song fits into:
I would say the song fits into something calm and easy to listen to, it has the kind of same similarity as James Blunt.
He tends to write emotional music and express it. Other people listen and sometimes feel the same and then feel better afterwards, and sometimes music such as this can make people cry.
About the Video:
The video isn’t very good because it just focus’s on one of the album pictures and you can just hear the song you have selected as though it was background music.
This is a disadvantage unfortunately because it would be good to see a video about the song.
What I don’t like about the song:
There is one I don’t like about the song, at the beginning of the song there is a loud tiny beep sound, it hurt my ears and I thought the file/video had been corrupted or something.
YouTube has hundreds of videos of one song as it narrows down the searches for a song you are looking for.
Images:



I found these images on Google images.
Overall opinion of the song:
My overall opinion is that I think the song is quite good.
At first I judged it when I saw other people listening to it, when I listened to it my judgement and criticism for the song changed.
Whilst listening to the song I realised it reminded me of my old memories.
It reminded me of fun times I used to have with friends and times where I am alone and upset.
This song really is emotional, I think the reason it was made is because a lot of people in the world are emotional and need songs like this to listen to through hard times.
I myself listen to a lot of songs like this, sometimes it makes me sad and other times remind me of good memories.
My opinion of the song is that it really relaxing to listen to and I like it.
My rating:
I would rate this song 9 out of 10 because there is one thing I don’t like about it, it’s a good song but it needs a video to show what kind of song it is, someone could easily understand this by the lyrics and the song itself but it would be so much better if the video was there.
Owl City links:
Vanilla Twilight Video (Song)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aENY16Mjw6k
Fireflies Video (Song)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kXyuzuCKNw
Thursday, 11 February 2010
Thursday 11th Feb 2010 pasted work (song)
Posted by Luke Burge at 05:46
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment