My chosen song is: 21 Guns by Green Day
Green Day is a rock band, they have been playing since 1987 till now.
Their recently new album is 21st Century Breakdown.
They have done loads of gigs and perform at lots of festivals and tours.
The Band members are Billie Joe Armstrong (Main Singer and Guitar) Mike Dirnt (Back Singer and Guitar) and lastly Tre Cool (Drummer)
They have also won 4 grammy awards for albums and songs.
The song 21 guns is about a man and a woman in a room with both at opposite ends of the wall, all of a sudden gun shots come blazing through the walls and both the man and woman are scared and in cover at first, the second time round they don't seem to care that it happens, and the third time they get up and move to each other and then start kissing, lastly they are in the middle of the room holding each other while bullets are flying from one end of the room to the other.
It fits into an action scene and also love, you would think someone would get shot because you don't know where the bullets are going to hit.
I like the song because the lyrics are good and the video is fantastic.
I like the way they have worked on it, it must of taken a long time to get everything right and then get every detail in. (The fish tank shot and having to maybe clean all of that up)
Also the music is powerful and excellent, the loud noise of guitars and drums show a powerful rock effect.
The only thing I don’t like about the song is that it goes pitch black when the couple start kissing, it doesn't seem to make any sense at all.
My overall opinion is that it is a good video and has great music to it, but I think a little explaining about the video would of been good and also it could show some detail, the fact the song is named 21 guns is kind off odd because you don’t know how many guns are firing through the walls.
I found afterwards that the reason the song is named 21 guns is because it is an anti war song refering to a salute for when a soldier dies.
My rating of this song would have to be 8/10 because I don’t like this song as much as I liked the American Idiot Album.
Images




Thursday, 11 February 2010
Thursday 11th Feb 2010 chosen song review work
Posted by Luke Burge at 07:02
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment